I’ve been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty award by Nomios, The Passionate Shepherd. Normally I am not an award sort of person, though I am supremely honoured to be nominated, but really… dragons? Who doesn’t love a dragon? From one mythical creature to another, how could I refuse?
Anyway, if you haven’t already started following The Passionate Shepherd, you should really check out his blog. Powerful and sensuous words, whether he’s writing about fruit (seriously!) or one of many love letters to his amour, they are a treat to read.
And the rules are:
•Display the award on your blog.
•Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who nominated you. (Thank you Passionate Shepherd!)
•Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award. (Scroll Down)
•Link your awardees in the post.
•Write 7 interesting things about you.
Some things about me…
- Aside from my obvious delight in writing I am an avid photographer and at one time wanted to be a photojournalist. Whenever I look at something I see it through my lens. The light, the line, the colour…I find them all so breathtaking.
- I can quote nearly every line from the movie Elf, much to my family’s delight and chagrin (take your pick).
- I have lived in six states as well as overseas in my time on the planet. It was a blessing to have travelled and experienced other places and people.
- I make the most mouth watering, delectable cheesecake you have ever tasted. Normally I am modest about stuff like that. But about this? Not so much. It’s a truth. Smiles.
- I have a difficult time holding back gifts once I have them to give. I literally have itchy fingers.
- I love to cook and bake and will eagerly try out new things on my family.
- I used to write as a teenager but, aside from journals, hadn’t picked up a pen to write anything, let alone poetry, until November of 2013. And I haven’t stopped since. It’s interesting how we come full circle if we are so inspired…
Now for the Nominees!
Annie, Annie’s Poetry; Heartfelt, romantic, reflective poetry that tugs at my soul. Her words are full of beautiful imagery and it’s easy to get lost in them.
Entirety, Entirety In Bits is a poetess I know well. My word twin she and I often write together (over on Twitter). Her blog is full of everything under the sun. She is poignant, funny, sensuous, and often deeply introspective in her words. There is something for everyone. But don’t take my word for it…see for yourself.
Soldier Girl ; This poetess writes with so much soul it’s impossible not to feel her words deeply. I am always excited to see that she’s written since I find her name in my inbox too infrequently. (no pressure Lovely!) Check her words out…you will not be sorry!
Antony, Perso~in~Poesia; From raw to playful to romantic this poet never fails to surprise me. I never know what to expect from his poetry and prose other than an adventure that I am glad I took when I clicked on the link. Plus I consider him a friend and an excellent partner in writing duets. Give him a gander…
Karin, The Eclectic Poet; Karin’s words run the gamut from haikus and acrostics to commentary to free verse poetry. I can always expect to be inspired, amused or sometimes even just thoughtful after reading her.
Words By Justin Case; This poet’s words are romantic and often haunting in their poignancy as he paints vivid pictures of love and relationships. Peruse his blog to get a taste..
Thanks again to Nomios for the nomination. And thank YOU for reading!